Saturday, August 07, 2004

( The Beautiful Adriatic Sea )

Stressful day yesterday: left Venice early to catch a train to Ancona and the beach. Turned into Venice to Padua train, Padua to Bologna train, Bologna to Ancona train, and two hour wait for bus to Portonovo. 7-8 hour travel day and by the time we got there it was too late to go to the beach. All is well though: stayed at the only real hotel nearby, pushed back our Rome trip and spent today on the beach. See picture on last post. Perfect weather, amazing water, and lots of sun. Couldn't have been better. No more stress.

Had ravioli tonight for dinner. A deal for 6 EURO.

Still have to write about Venice. I promise I will.

PS> The hostel in Rome sent us directions from the train station to the hostel: "...then you must take the escape of via Vercelli, then you must take the scale of left, you then take the forehead road that goes before in right reduction is Matera n. 37." ...right, ok, we'll do that.

3 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds beautiful Dan......relaxing on an Italian beach on the Adriatic coast. Wow. Id feel like I was in a dream. A margarita, or the Italian version of one, might help with the forgetting of yesterday's travel headaches. Three more days of school for me, and then its onto SUMMER!(for two weeks, lol) Wish I could fly and meet up with you guys, but dont have the time/money-I guess thats why its called a wish. Hope everything is going well, say hi to nicoletta for me.
Your friend,
Matt

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

HEY MATT FULLER!!!

How are you. I saw that you said hi. You have got to be SO excited about finishing Orgo. I know I would be pretty sad about that. What are you going to do with your two crazy weeks of summer. I can't wait to see you back in Chitown. This year is going to be fabulous. See you on the 26th. When are you moving up to school?

Ciao amico
Nicoletta

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dandokins or Dandopants, I like both. aaAre you and Jaimee eating quiesh and ratatouille???With french bread of course. Love and xxx Baboo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home