{Tuesday}
*Weather's getting colder. Having stew tonight.
*Started a new novel for one of my classes today. Read the first two chapters and I'm exhausted.
*Because my mother told me to post this:
Taking 3 classes: (titles don't translate very well)
1. Main Currents in French Civilization: Easiest class of the three. Read some newspaper articles here and there. 2. The Apprenticeship Novel: 18th, 19th, 20th Century French Literature- Long explanation. Good class though. 3. Filiation & Auto-Filiation in 19th and 20th Century French Literature- Also a long explanation and I doubt anyone really wants to know.
Finished 2 books so far: Les Aventures de Telemaque, Fenelon. Memoires d'outre-tombe, tome I Chateaubriand. (So that one's a work-in-progress. 700 pages is gonna take a while.) Just started L'education sentimentale, Flaubert.
So now I've just bored you all. Off to dinner.

4 Comments:
Daniel...
You and those chips--and did you realize you called me at 5 in the morning.
Remember what Eric said when we were gonna have a great dinner and he was gonna have Hardees. I've been thinking about the whole trip and I miss it all. I'm showing everyone at work my pictures today.
I read the Marquez farewell letter--i was in tears. What a great man and I'm sorry he's so sick.
I'm starting my Christmas list today--you should see all the stuff I got from Goodwill when I got home. Also, the drying rack is only available at the Ikea stores. Jerks.
See you very soon! And I get real turkey and dressing and mashed taters for Thanksgiving. Jealous Jealous Jealous.
Dan-its fuller, just checking in with you man. Your novels all sound riviting. Whats happening to St Louis in the series man!? Lol(Go cubs) I noticed that the author you mentioned was the same of "Love in the Time of Cholera".....did I mention I finished that book over the summer? Been thinking about reading the Spanish original, since I might be able to understand it now that Ive read the english. Hope all is well. And its not getting colder here, but actually warmer-strangely. Miss you man-we're having a Halloween party here and its a shame you cant be here. This mensaje keeps getting more random, but I know you like it that way....anyway, Im coming to visit you this x-mas break, so clear your calendar(although I know you must have family commitments) Anyway, take care friend. Talk soon-call me maybe? Itd be nice to hear from you.
-matt
Hi Daniel,
It's so good to read about your adventures. They remind me of the wonderful time I had on my two trips abroad and make me more resolved to "travel the world" after I retire. When I was there I certainly didn't appreciate how long it would be before I could return and savor it quite as much as I should have (although I loved every minute of it!). Reading your blogs I can tell that you are savoring every moment and you will be glad you did. I am with Baboo - I need you to take a picture of me so I'll look fabulous. Every one of your pictures is a work of art! I hope you post some soon with you in them! We miss seeing you! And I confess I am looking forward to pictures of the moo-moo lady.
Nothing too exciting to tell you about from here - keeping up with Laura's social/sports activities and getting Matt to do his homework before 10 pm are my on-going pursuits. I did acid-wash a wall in the basement this past weekend to prepare the surface for painting. Do I lead an exciting life or what?
You probably heard the Cards lost the series in 4 games. Cardinal nation is very sad. :(
We are setting clocks back this weekend and planning to have fun on Halloween. Do they set clocks back and/or celebrate Halloween over there? Do tell.
Well - I'll let you get back to your reading (homework, not blog comments, that is).
Take good care - your aunt Cathy
Daniel, we do like to know whats going on with tyou, I cant find the place to read the Garcia M arquez thing. Doesnt filiation have something to do with kinship,family stuff????? We might understand, altho its not a book id pick up at the library. Love and xxxx Baboo
Post a Comment
<< Home