Tuesday, December 14, 2004

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one-- big hitter, the Lama-- long, into a ten thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga, gunga, gulunga-gunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey Lama, hey, how about, you know, something for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

4 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger J and J said...

Neuf Jours! Neuf Jours!

Bring a hat with you cause its cold! But it wouldn't be Christmas in St. Louis without the frigid temperatures.

"But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round -- apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that -- as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!'" --Dickens.

Je te verrai un semaine!

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan-Fuller here.....Nicky said she talked to you about coming up here on the 4th, and catching your flight out here. Hey-I still want to come to St. Louis to see you, and I planned on coming the 2nd-4th, but I DONT want to interfere with your family stuff. Please let me know if it would be imposing/taking away from family time, or if you would rather me just not come. Let me know, ok? Hope your schooling is going well, I dont think youre done till after christmas, but then again, my brain is full of strange things right about now...ps-finals suck here. yea, anyway kid, miss you, cant wait to see you, perhaps eat at lemon grass, and have some toasted raviolis? OK-safe flight, and call me when you get back so we can discuss... or email me at mfulle1@luc.edu
take care friend,
matt

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daniel - interesting quote. Can't wait to see you!

Matt - By the time you come, we'll be sick of him and will welcome the break! Haha, just kidding. But of course you're still welcome to come!

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danielkins, Leave the DL alone. I wish he could back homee!! Thhey just finished a LLOONNGG bridge in the Sso of Fr. Have you seen it Love Baboo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home